A stunning house forming part of the sought after courtyard development within the grounds of Arley Hall with this property adjoining the main hall itself providing spacious and tasteful accommodation with the advantage of a private terraced garden and two garages.
The Arley Estate including its splendid Hall has been in the same family ownership since the 12th century and the present house was built between 1832 and 1845. In order to preserve and maintain Arley, the gardens were open to the public in 1963 and the Hall in 1982 and they are now well established as part of the historic heritage of Cheshire.
In 1986, the Arley Trustees decided to restore the Hall and rebuild the wings which had been demolished in 1968 so as to recreate the original courtyard. The West House forms part of this exclusive development and was completed in 1988 to provide spacious accommodation enjoying fabulous views towards the Hall and parkland beyond with free access to the gardens for courtyard residents. The development was designed by distinguished architects Graham and Stoller of Bath and erected under their supervision by Curbishley and Partners of Pickmere.
The house itself provides tasteful accommodation and due to its position within the heart of the Arley Estate ensures direct access to the public gardens with a courtyard and gardens to the east of the Chapel being for exclusive use of the residents. Further detailed history of the Arley Estate and the West House Development are available upon request from the Agents' Knutsford office.
The accommodation itself is warmed by gas fired central heating and is briefly arranged as follows: Reception hall, cloakroom with W.C., a splendid open plan lounge/dining room enjoying views over Arley Hall itself and also having access to a private courtyard garden area. There is a good sized breakfast kitchen which in turn gives internal access to a garage. On the first floor the landing leads to the master bedroom with en suite shower room, three further well proportioned bedrooms and a family bathroom. Outside the courtyard provides off road parking and there is access to the integral garage together with a separate single garage within the separate garage building.
Documents / Brochure